SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
OUR SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT SETS OUT WHAT WE VALUE AS A COMPANY.
THESE PRINCIPLES DEFINE WHO WE ARE, HOW WE WORK AND WHAT WE STAND FOR. THE FOLLOWING PRACTICES WE CONSIDER TO BE FUNDAMENTAL OPERATING GUIDELINES. WE APPRECIATE THAT YOU HAVE DEVELOPED YOUR OWN PRINCIPLES TO GUIDE YOU IN THE WORKPLACE. WE ACKNOWLEDGE THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY AS I IMAGINE MANY OF THEM ALIGN WITH OURS. HOWEVER, WE DO ASK THAT YOU RESPECT OUR CODE OF CONDUCT BECAUSE WE ARE COMMITTED TO ONLY WORKING WITH VENDORS WHOSE STANDARDS ARE CONSISTENT WITH OUR OWN.
- NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF EVERYONE WHO WORKS FOR US - Suppliers must provide a safe and healthy workplace for all of their employees. Zero Harm will come to anyone – this means no injury or ill health is caused by your work activities.
- WE TREAT EVERYONE EQUALLY AND EMBRACE DIFFERENCE - Suppliers will respect all of their local traditions, cultures and laws, and respect that diversity brings value to their work environment. They will provide equal opportunities for all, hire the best candidate for the job and promote talent on the basis of merit.
- WE DO NOT TOLERATE BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR DISCRIMINATION - Every employee shall be treated with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subject to any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse or to monetary fines or embarrassing acts as a disciplinary measure. No person shall be subject to any discrimination on the basis of race, religious belief, color, gender, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, medical condition, illness, genetic characteristics, family care, marital status, caste, socio-economic situation, political opinion, union affiliation, ethnic group, illness, or any other classification protected under applicable law.
- WE RESPECT AND PROTECT HUMAN RIGHTS - This means there is NO Forced Labor, NO Child Labor (person under the age of 17), and NO Forced Overtime in your workplace. Suppliers shall comply with all employment laws and legal requirements on wages (paying wages which equal or exceed minimum wage and meet requirements for a living wage) and provide any fringe benefits required by law and/or contract.
- WE RESPECT THE COMMUNITY WE LIVE IN AND ARE COMMITTED TO CONTRIBUTING TO ITS IMPROVEMENT - Suppliers will seek to employ local people and provide local resources whenever possible. We encourage suppliers and their employees to get involved in local social and environmental community charity efforts by volunteering time and/or providing other types of support.
- WE PUT THE EARTH FIRST AND RECOGNIZE OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT - Suppliers must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and agree to be monitored separately for environmental responsibility.
- WE WILL NOT DEFRAUD OR DECEIVE ANYONE OR ACT DISHONESTLY - Suppliers will not make false claims. Namely concealing defects, claiming for something they don’t honestly believe they are entitled to, miscalculating payment owed or knowingly deliver an incorrect quantity of goods. They will not give or receive bribes or participate in any form of corrupt behavior.