Love Khaos & Ekoluxe are displaying this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. Our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site are the following.
We will only collect and process your data when the law allows or requires us to, including where we need to comply with a legal obligation e.g. fraud, money laundering prevention. Only members of our staff that are employed to deal with your data will have access to it. Where we use third party data processors to assist us, any such third party shall only use your data for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose(s).
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
The personal data we collect about you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the individual is no longer identifiable.
We may collect, use, store, transfer and otherwise process different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other payment details of products/services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes information collected when you access our websites or mobile applications, your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites or mobile applications.
- Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our websites, mobile applications, Wi-Fi and similar electronic services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your marketing and communication preferences.
Use of your personal data
We collect information about you and use your personal data for the following reasons:
- to process your order
- to register you as a new customer
- to deliver the goods to you
- to process your payment
- and to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not email you for any other purposes in the future unless you have given us your consent. We give you the opportunity to refuse any marketing email from us.How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the section above labeled ‘Use of your personal data’, such as:
- third party service providers that we engage to provide IT systems and software, and to host our websites and/or mobile applications;
- third party payment processing services (including Stripe, Paypal, Klarna, Afterpay and Shopify)
- to provide marketing and advertising services (including Mailchimp and Zoho)
- third party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf including in relation to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites and/or mobile applications;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
How long will you keep my details?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements and for the establishment or defence of legal claims.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on the Social Media or using any of your information on the Social Media by contacting us at the details set out below.
Behavioural advertisingAs described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
What are my rights?
You have the right to be given the following information each time we collect information from you: (a) our identity and contact details; (b) what we're going to use your information for and the legal basis for processing; (c) whether you are obligated to provide the information and the consequences of failure to provide it; (d) who we will share your information with; (e) whether your information will go outside the United Kingdom/European Economic Area, and if it does, the mechanisms we will use to protect it; (f) how long we're keeping your data for; (g) your rights in respect of our use of your data (see below); (h) if we're collecting data with your explicit consent, the fact you have the right to withdraw consent at any time; (i) if we make any automated decisions about you, the logic involved and the significance and envisaged consequences for you.
You have the right to ask us the following about our use of your information: (a) the purpose of our use; (b) what type of information is used; (c) who we share your information with; (d) how long we keep your information; (e) what rights you have in relation the information we hold; (f) whether you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office or other supervisory authority; (g) if we have collected your information from another person, who that person is; (h) whether we make any decisions about you automatically (g) whether your information goes outside the UK/European Economic Area. You can also ask us for a copy of the data we have.
You can ask us to correct any details you think we have which are incorrect.
You can ask us to delete information about you if any of the following apply: (a) it is no longer required by us for the purpose for which we collected it from you; (b) if we collected it with your explicit consent, when you withdraw that consent; (c) if you have grounds to object to us using it (see below) and we do not have any overriding legitimate grounds for using it; (d) if we have unlawfully used your information; (e) if you need us to delete it so that you can comply with a legal obligation. Please note we may still hold and process personal data which are outside the scope of your erasure request and will continue to process them in accordance with our legal rights and obligations. Examples of such legal rights and obligations may include financial regulatory requirements, audit purposes and other legal obligations.
You can ask us to stop using your information if any of the following apply, (a) you don't think we have the correct details for you; (b) our use is unlawful and you do not want us to delete your information; (c) when you object to processing (see below); (d) we no longer require the information for the purpose for which we collected it; (e) where we collected the information with your explicit consent (f) if you object to our use (see below) and we do not have any overriding legitimate grounds for using it; (g) if you need us to delete it so that you can comply with a legal obligation. Please not when you make a request, we can still store your information and use it for claims purposes or if it is necessary to protect another person.
You have the right to ask us to send your information to you or another person where we originally collected your information with your explicit consent. We must provide this in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please note this does not include information which we have inferred or derived, for example, information we have collected about you to understand your shopping habits with Love Khaos or Ekoluxe in order to give you a good customer experience.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where we have told you the legal purpose for which we are processing your information is for "legitimate interests" (see above) and you have grounds relating to your personal situation which requires us to stop using your information or where we have collected your information for direct marketing and you want us to stop using it for direct marketing purposes.
How do I exercise these rights?
If you want to exercise any of these rights or have any other feedback on questions, please contact our customer care team at AllTheThings@LoveKhaos.com.
CCPA privacy information
This section applies only to Love Khaos and Ekoluxe customers who are California residents and supplements the details provided in our privacy notice (above) and contains the information that the Californian Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make available to customers. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We generally collect the following categories of personal information about your when you use our services:
- identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
- protected classifications, such as gender;
- commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- Internet or other electronic information regarding your browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
- your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information;
- inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behaviour and attitudes.
You can find more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it in the table above titled “Use of your personal data’.
Use of Personal Information
We collect your personal information for the business purposes described above in the table titled “Use of your personal data”. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of personal information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the personal information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to an organisation for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient organisation to keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract with us.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties listed above in the section titled “How we share your data”.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your personal information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us or the security of our network systems.
1. Right Against Discrimination
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
2. Right to Know
You have the right to request in writing a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, email address, that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of all such third parties.
In addition, you have the right to request:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for the information collection;
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we hold about an individual;
- a copy of the specific personal information we collected about you during the twelve (12) months before your request.
3. Right to Delete
You have the right to request we delete any personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
To assert your right to know or your right to delete your personal information, please contact us according to the ‘How do I exercise these rights’ section above. To confirm your identity, we may ask you to verify personal information we already have on file for you. If we cannot confirm your identity from the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
You have the right to opt-out of having your personal information sold. We do not sell your personal information.
In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Love Khaos and Ekoluxe who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please allow 30 days for a response. To make such a request, contact us according to the ‘How do I exercise these rights?’ section above.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payments secure. Due to the nature of the internet and internet communications, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you or to data corruption, interception or delays, outwith our control.
Long Story Short: You should feel safe shopping at LoveKhaos.com ;)
This policy sets out the cookies are used on following websites: lovekhaos.com, and ekoluxe.co. By using the Sites, you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy (the “Policy”).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Sites and use a shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third party cookies
Here is a list of some of the third party partners who may set cookies on your device: Facebook, Shopify, Klarna, Paypal, and Afterpay.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
If you're not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option.
You can enable cookies by following the steps below depending on your browser:
SAFARI ON OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option;
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies';
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'.
MOZILLA FIREFOX ON OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option;
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security';
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'.
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings';
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab;
- Then select 'Accept cookies' option.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them (including blocking them) visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a separate window). Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites.